Saturday, December 11, 2010

table...

So a couple months ago, I was driving to Roseville to go to a family dinner the night before my grandma's funeral. I had to go to the bathroom REALLY bad so we pulled off the highway and ended up at DI! After relieving my bladder, I was walking out and saw a table that looked pretty similar to the one above, only in worse condition because it was probably a good 10 years old, and it had 6 chairs instead of 4. The table and chairs were sold as a set for 60 bucks...and the cheap person inside me KNEW I could not pass up this deal! I needed a table for my apartment that I would be moving into and the thought of taking under this project with Shaun and making my table the way I want made me really excited! I ended up buying the table (and a red chair and ottoman for 60 bucks as well) and I started the table renovation project! After SEVERAL trips to Lowes, HOURS of sanding, and MOMENTS of wanting to give up, I am very very very happy and in love with my new table!!!I love waking up and walking outta my bedroom and seeing my table each day!!! The best part is they have one pretty similar to the way mine looks now and they are trying to sell it for 300 bucks...I will GLADLY take my 60 dollar table any day! Oh, and for the record, I added everything together from Lowes, and my total was $93.57...not so bad for a table that originally seated 6 (I threw away 2 of the chairs because they were in such HORRIBLE condition)! :)

2 comments:

  1. You and your table...

    If people only REALLY knew how much you love your table. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh the best part is, SOME people DO know how much I love it! :)

    ReplyDelete