Monday, January 3, 2011

New Years





For the first time in all my life, I am starting my new year off with someone very important missing. It sucks a lot...I am used to a phone call at 9pm on New Years Eve from pops wishing me a HAPPY NEW YEAR and singing the New Years Song...he always said he was able to celebrate east coast time because he was born there so he holds it close to him! HA...pretty much meant he was old and couldnt stay up till midnight. Anyway, this year I am actually setting goals for myself...usually I am very anti goals and new years....totally cheesy but I am trying new things this year. Which brings me to my first goal.
1. Be more open to change--anyone who knows me, knows that I have OCD. Everything has to be done in a certain order, a certain way, at a certain time. I know that it gets frustrating for others so this year, I am going to be open to change. Why does it have to be done my way?!? I havent even seen the way others do it so I can't judge. Hopefully this will allow me to relax more and not stress.
2. RELAX...I have a MAJOR problem with not relaxing. I stress about EVERYTHING and NOTHING at the same time. I am constantly running numbers in my head to make sure we have enough to get by, when I KNOW we have plenty. I can't just leave the house without double checking and sometimes triple checking to make sure things are turned off and in the right place. I worry too much and it is starting to get really tiring...
3. Meditate...I have always been very interesting in meditation, and Shaun bought me this really cool book that has a cd you do it to and everything so I am really excited to come home from work and be able to just calm myself down. I am thinking this will help me A LOT in many different aspects of my life.
4. Jog 5 times a week...this is one that I was REALLY good at when I was living at my moms. 1, it was sunny outside so it was easy for me to go jogging outside along the river trail, and 2, because if it wasnt sunny or if it was too hot, she has a treadmill at home. I have gotten outta the habit of jogging and I wanna start it again. M-F I am going to set aside the hour after work, and go jogging at our gym...most people will still be at work so it will be a great time!
5. Be a better listener...Shaun mentioned to me the other day how he feels like I don't listen to him all the way. I will catch bits and pieces, but that is it. It REALLY struck me, and I realized he is right. I don't fully give him my attention. Therefore, I am going to try to work on my listening ears! :)
6. Be a better fiance....I often find myself getting caught up in the day to day things like work, family, etc and sometimes I forget about the most important thing...my relationship with Shaun. I am going to work on setting aside time to spend with just him, no phones, no tv, no nothing, just me and him, talking, walking, writing, singing, whatever it is, something that will bring us closer together.
7. Be happy...I spent a lot of last year unhappy, and I am realizing it didn't do me any good. My life still went on, people didn't care, I was the one who was affected by my own attitude. I missed out on a lot of things because I was too buys feeling bad for myself or being unhappy and it wasn't fun. I am sure there are days that are going to suck, and yes, I am still going to be VERY sad about things, but I am going to work on my attitude and try to change the way I view things!

So there you go, there is my lovely list for this new year! Thank goodness I have an ENTIRE year to try to work on these things! It is not going to be easy, it is not going to be fun, but it is going to be worth it! I am so excited for everything this year is going to bring me!!! 2011, please don't let me down! :)



1 comment: