Saturday, November 19, 2011

hospital...

Yesterday we spent the day in the hospital...all day...7 hours and we left with NO answers! I hate hospitals with a passion...never really was a HUGE fan of them, but then with the nasty issues with my dad and everything I have come to REALLY hate them. So waiting in a waiting room with my 11 week old son who is not feeling good and clearly something is not right with, was a huge task for me to get through. I kept counting to 10 in my head and taking really deep breaths. They did an ultrasound on him and it came back clear. I really think they should invest in pediatric hospitals EVERYWHERE...because a regular doctor really doesnt know much about babies. Anyway, Lincoln has been projectile vomiting EVERYTHING from 1 bottle to the next, with no breaks longer than 30 minutes inbetween there. His regular doctor is already worried about how small he is and then when he got weighed he hasn't gained ANYTHING not even 1 ounce in 3 weeks...which is not normal. When his doctor touches his left abdomen, and even on the ultrasound, he closes his eyes really tight and cries...clearly something is NOT right, yet they sent us home saying, "well maybe you are feeding him too much...try 2 ounces". Yeah right, he is BARELY taking 4oz and his doctor wants him around 5-6 ounces! UGH this part of mommyhood sucks...the part where we are supposed to figure out whats wrong and fix everything but yet, we don't know what it is. So for now, I just hold onto my little guy, hug him a little longer, kiss him a few more times than normal, and say a silent prayer that everything will be okay. 

**His little leg tag things...ps dont mind the Halloween sleeper...he had been sleeping when his doctor wanted him to go see her then we were sent to the hospital so he was in this all day...**

No comments:

Post a Comment