Thursday, February 17, 2011

Something to be proud of

day 9- something you're proud of in the past few days


    This one is really easy for me. This past week was the first year anniversary of my dads passing and I am pretty proud of the way I was able to hold myself together on the actual day. Now, if you ask Shaun, I was a ROYAL mess the few days leading up to it...I think I was making it worse in my head, even though it was a pretty bad/hard day. Anyway, I was able to spend the entire day with my sister and we talked and chatted about some of our most favorite memories and lessons that we have learned from dad. Looking back today, I am really proud at how well I held it all together to get through the day. I only really really lost it when I watched the DVD we played at the funeral and when me and Shaun took a trip out to visit him at his final resting spots. It was a REALLY REALLY REALLY hard day but in the end, I had the love and support from my best friend, fiance, and sister around me yesterday to help with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment