Monday, March 21, 2011

What's my name?!?

day 19- nicknames you have and why you have them


The most obvious nickname is Steph...I think people get too lazy and don't want say the rest of the name, so Steph comes out. It is only really awkward when I don' know call me that...I don't know why, but you have to know me before you can just shorten my name!
Did you know that saying Stephanie is hard for little kids?!? Well it is, and with EVERYONE of my nieces/nephews it has come out Dessie...therefore some of my best friends call me Dessie but mainly it remains a little kid thing...which has actually grown on me and I love it!
My close friends call me Stephie...and when the kids start to get older and are better at talking, Dessie turns into Stephie...so I am auntie Stephie...two words that I LOVE hearing from any kid I am around
Thanks to full house I have HATED the name Step-on-me. However, when I was younger people thought it was sooo funny to call me that. I would literally cry when anyone said that name, and I have no idea why!
My mom has always called me "turkey". Not really sure what it means, or how it came about, but when she says it, I know exactly who she is talking, and so does everyone else. How do parents just come up with these names?!? It's pretty funny...not like I would gobble at home, maybe she just wanted to eat me up!??
Speaking of parents and names, my dad's nickname for me was probably the best ever. He would ALWAYS get me and Emily mixed up...again how do parents do that?! Our names are NOTHING alike, probably because we were always together always getting in trouble. Anyway, one day he was trying to call for me but instead, Stinkbud came out. Really dad?!? That was the name you came up with?!? Seriously from that random day forward, he would ALWAYS call me that...and write letters addressed with that name...it was pretty embarassing but now I wish I could hear him call me that one more time.
I think that is all my nicknames, at least the major ones. People call me blondie but that is just because I am little slow catching onto things. Shaun doesnt call me anything cute...I don't even know he says anything other than Steph...now I am going to ponder that question lol

No comments:

Post a Comment